Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pyramid session

A late call today to run the session. It was getting dark and I was in 2 minds as to what to do but decided to run the Harriers session that had been prescribed. Nice and straight forward - 1/2/3/4/5/4/3/2/1 minutes with a standard 60 seconds recovery between all efforts.

Again back to the stretch of road I used on Thursday. Almost dark by the time I started but no traffic to worry about. I forgot to charge the Garmin so I have no idea of pace but I think the goal of the session was to run the 5 minute effort at tempo pace, and as the reps decreased in time then the effort level should be pushed up a notch.

I was running well tonight - wish I had the data to back that up (estimate at least average pace of 3:15/km pace). Nice coming back down the pyramid once you have the 5 minute effort out of the way. The last 1 minute effort I was giving it everything. Pitch black by the end and then jogged back home.

Total distance of 12.1kms (a bit of guesswork). Madness really doing the session in the dark but I wouldn't have it any other way. That's 3 speed sessions this week - much more like it.

No comments: