Friday, October 05, 2012

Gemma

No running today. Instead it was out with the other half to celebrate another year. A meal in town and then on to the Roisin Dubh to see Gemma Hayes. A very poor turn out with maybe less than 100 people watching. We got seats right next to the stage and she was very good - despite playing almost an identical set to when we last watched her play (and telling the same stories)...

Being in the Roisin made me realise that it's only 4 weeks until the Wedding Present play there. I'm planning a triple header weekend watching them in Dublin on the Friday, Galway on Saturday and then Cork on Sunday. Yes I'm a big fan. I may post some photos of my Wedding Present record and CD collection at some point. Not that anyone will be remotely interested...

1 comment:

Dave Kane aka 'Kanser' said...

Big fan of Gemma. She never really lived up to her promise. Get debut album but faded after that. Like the Wedding Present but not near as much as you or my good mate Mossy..he never stop talking about. Believe there will be no encores.