Friday, October 17, 2014

Track session

Wasn't sure whether to even bother. After the second threshold run yesterday my legs got worse and I was struggling on the stairs. Pathetic really - it was like I'd ran a marathon.

A 3.5km warm-up and then onto the track for some strides. I then ran my 4 lapper and that was slow and I just couldn't get the legs moving - completed in 5:10 all in my recovery zone.

I thought I'd try a few 400's to see how they went. Not good - all around 71/72 seconds and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get out of my recovery zone. I completed the set of 12 (stubbornness) - to think just over a week ago I was running them in 66's...

A 3.5km warm-down. Strangely enough the legs felt a bit better after. I guess that's because I was in my recovery zone!

All up 13.4kms.

No comments: