Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday Long

I rattled out a repeat of the last few weeks. The Bridges run was completed in 1:47, then a sub 28 minute lap of the Bay, then a couple of km slow warm-down. All up 32km in 2:25. I'm getting slightly quicker each week - that's not intentional, I think it's more a sign of improved running efficiency.

Total for the week 92km. I'm pleased with the week given the poor start. Now it's time to wind it back and freshen up for the 2 races on Tuesday and Saturday.

The last 5 weeks would go down as my highest ever block of training. I've been averaging over 90kms which is big for me. Next week we will see what sort of shape I'm in. I certainly feel like I have lots of strength but leg-speed remains a concern. Hopefully the speed will come...

On a side note my wife and I went out to Doyle's at Watson's Bay for our anniversary lunch. Very nice indeed. And I had my first alcohol in over 4 weeks - a few glasses of wine and a beer. Boy did it taste good.

No comments: