Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chittaway Point

A good crowd today. Me, Baz, Mark, Cain, Jeff and Cale.

I'd started my session early. I ran 5km as a warm-up, then changed into my flats for the dreaded 10 reps. It's not a km, closer to 900m. The instructions were not to run them flat out, keep the times consistent, and alternate 60 secs/90 secs recovery after each rep. Times were as follows:

3:00/2:57/2:55/2:56/2:55/2:56/2:58/2:57/2:56/2:57

The last one required more effort, but apart from that it felt pretty good. After the run I was doing a warm-down and noticed my left knee had become very sore (I didn't notice this during my reps). The dreaded left patella. I ran 5km regardless but I fear this may be an issue. I'll see how it is tomorrow. I will definitely need another massage plus lots of stretching.

All up 19km.

No comments: