Sunday, March 15, 2009

More of the Same

Started at the Bay as per normal. Ran the Bridges run in approx 1:46 (not sure of the exact time as I stuffed my watch up). I then did a lap of the Bay in 27:49 and followed that up with a very slow 3km warm-down. All up 33km in 2:29.

The knee was same old same old but the left calf was very tight post the hour mark for the remainder of the run. It still feels tight so hopefully resting up until Tuesday evening will allow the old body to recover.

Spotted Worky (Harbour Bridge) and Boots (Bay).

So I think that's 105km for the week. Probably my highest weekly tally ever. I feel very tired and thankful that I only have one more week of high volume training left. I don't think my body would put up with this for much longer. The knee is still a concern but I'll continue to grin and bear it and do all I can to keep it functional (stretch/ice/massage/drugs/prayer).

No comments: