Thursday, March 19, 2009

The State Forest

Left work for a 4:30pm start and was a little concerned with the temperature shown in the car - not ideal at 28 degrees!

Was running solo so went out quick. Same as last week - run the hills hard. I was 12:57 at the top of the first hill, then it took a while to get back into a rhythm. Still on track for a good time with 30:23 at the roundabout. A final push up the hills and I was at the T in 47:08. I then did an extra 10:30 loop at this point then ran strongly back to the start. The total time for the run was 1:39:45 and I estimate a total distance of about 22km.

The good news is that the time for the T and back was 1:29:15 which is my quickest time. That's a very good sign. Knee was a little sore and the calf behaved.

I put a lot of effort into this session. I was a shell come the end but despite feeling tired I was again running strong. I can honestly say I've never trained this hard before.

So I'm getting to the end of my main 10 week block of training. A long tempo run on Saturday; just under 2 hours on Sunday and then I can freshen up for the half. It will make for a nice change to run on fresh legs.

No comments: