Saturday, January 18, 2014

20 minute tempo

I made the call to give the Tuam 8km a miss this weekend and after today's session that seemed like a good call. A 3.5km warm-up and then it was straight into a 20 minute tempo run at a planned pace of 3:24/km. I checked the pace about 8 to 9 minutes into the run thinking that I'd started too quickly and when it showed me that I was running 3:27/km pace I knew it was going to be a tough slog. So I upped the pace as best I could and gradually worked the average pace down to 3:23/km by the time I'd finished the 20 minutes (covering 5.9kms). It felt like I was running really well but you can't argue with the Garmin! Another decent warm-down to give me 13.5kms for the day.

Left knee is back to how it was last year. Quite sore so definitely time for another massage. I've probably over-done it a bit the last couple of weeks so only have myself to blame. I'm sure a massage, some rest and some anti-inflams and I'll be back to where I was...

Ronnie still hammering his opponents in the snooker. This time Macguire sent packing 6-1 and a O'Sullivan / Selby final awaits.

No comments: