Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Worm Has Turned

I was really up for this session. It was nice and cool and I wanted to smash myself.

Usual Thursday run at the State Forest. I was 13:03 at the top of the hill, 30:47 at the roundabout and 47:37 at the T. I was working the hills which made for a nice change as previously it has all been about survival. It didn't feel like I was flying but it did feel really easy.

Did an extra 26:22 loop past the T and then picked up the pace again coming back. I met up with Baz just before the roundabout and we ran back together. The pace had fallen away slightly but we were still shifting.

Total time was 1:59:48 for say 25km. So a quicker time than last week with an extra km thrown in. I could have gone a fair bit faster so this run has given me a bag of confidence.

For the record the time for the T and back was 1:33:26 so my quickest so far this year and only 1 minute slower than my PB. If only every session felt this easy.

No comments: