Thursday, February 12, 2009

T+

Wasn't sure I was going to be able to get out today as it was hammering down most of the day. Anyway, it stopped raining about 3pm and soon cleared up. It was nice and cool by the time I got to the start and perfect for running.

I was 14:00 at the top of the first hill, 33:09 at the roundabout, 51:14 at the T. I then decided to turn right and run an extra 5 minutes or so, then double back. Finished in 1:48:39 but if I took off the extra section it was 1:37:55 which is my fastest time so far. I felt strong today but that was probably more to do with the cooler weather. I was even working a few of the hills which is the goal as I get stronger.

A bit slippery in places because of the rain so took it very careful on the last descent. No damaged limbs required at this stage...

I was cream crackered by the end of this run and was very grateful for the Gatorade and banana I had waiting for me in the car. I'll put this down as 22km and enjoy a well earned rest day tomorrow.

No comments: