Sunday, February 15, 2009

Long Run Day

Started from the Bay and ran the Bridges Run (23km and a bit) in 1hr 49. Then ran a 7km lap of the Bay in under 28 minutes, then 2km warm-down. All up 32km in 2:26:39 and conditions were great.

Felt good during the Bay lap and the pace felt quite comfortable. It's very important to run some of your longer runs at something near marathon pace. I don't buy into the theory that it doesn't matter what pace you run your long runs at, it's all about time on your feet. Well if I was doing all my long runs at say 4:45/km pace, and on race day I'm looking to run close to one minute/km quicker, then after a while my body simply says "nah, forget this". Well that's my opinion and I'm sure it's not the same for everyone.

So another week on and that's 94.5km for the week. Definitely making progress now and feel like I've gone up a level. My only concern is my left knee - I'm beginning to sound like a broken record.

No comments: