Sunday, February 22, 2009

Raises the Bat

Another repeat of last Sunday. I need to come up with some new stuff to keep it interesting.

Ran the 23km Bridges run in 1hr 48. Then a 28 minute lap of the Bay. Then a couple of kms as a warm down. All up 32km in 2:26 and change.

Total for the week 100.8km. I think I've only ever run 100km+ on a couple of occasions so this was a big effort. In summary it has been an up and down sort of week. Started the week feeling I was getting sick. Managed to dodge that bullet and had a good track session. Then the heat returns and I struggle. Finished with an okay long run but the right calf feels very tight. Maybe another massage required...

I'll do one more week of big kms then ease off for the 3km on the track and the Striders 10km the following week. These 2 races will be the first indication of current form. I certainly don't feel like I'm shooting the lights out but lets remain positive.

No comments: