Tuesday, February 17, 2009

4 Lappers

Was still not feeling great today but thankfully no worse. It was threatening heavy rain all day but by some miracle it held off.

Started with a lap of Hansen's Road. Then on the track for 4 x 1600m. Target time was 5:30 and I had to work 100m of each lap (the back straight) to break it up a bit. I ran the first one in 5:18 and that felt very comfortable. Recovery was a very slow jog/walk lap (approx 4 minutes - very ample). The next 3 were 5:17, 5:17 and 5:17. Felt very good throughout and was never struggling. These were run at a similar pace to my 800's from last week but they felt so much easier. Finished with another lap of Hansen's as a warm-down. All up 19.8km.

Probably my best session of the year so far (and I was convinced I was getting sick). Knee was a little sore but hopefully the deep massage will help sort that out.

No comments: