Thursday, August 07, 2014

30 minute recovery

Similar to yesterday the heart rate was much easier to get up into the recovery zone. A nice relaxed 30 minutes covering 7.8kms in 30:11 (3:52's). Finished up with some strides (as I did yesterday but forgot to mention).

Thoughts now turning to the race. I haven't raced in a while so I don't have race feedback to gauge where I'm at but what I would say is that I've done a very decent block of training the last 4 weeks (averaging around 100km per week including 14 threshold runs and 3 speed sessions). Hopefully that equates to PB form and I'll certainly be targeting sub 25:30 come Saturday evening. It's a stacked field this year with half a dozen guys capable of breaking 24 so a little too warm for me. That said I'm hoping there will be a few guys I can work with which always make life easier.

No comments: