Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ouch

It was wet and windy and after delaying my run I inevitably missed the last of the daylight so I ended up at the gym for 2 x 14 minutes at half marathon pace.

I ran to the gym (900m) and did a further 2.3km warm-up. I then stopped the treadmill and started the session from a standstill. It took at least 30 seconds for the belt to reach target pace (18.1km/hour) so I decided I would keep running for the full 15 minutes.

The first one I covered 4.43km, and after 3 minutes recovery I notched up the pace very slightly and covered 4.47km for the second rep. Sweating like you wouldn't believe...

Then a 2.1km warm-down, followed by the 900m run home. All up 15.1km.

After stepping off the treadmill I could feel a slight twinge/pull in my left hamstring. The massage had come just at the right time. I was given a right good going over and was in a fair bit of discomfort. Obviously I didn't complain though....the verdict was that the hamstring didn't seem too bad so again tomorrow's rest day sits very well. Fingers crossed I'll be okay for the weekend.

No comments: