Saturday, May 03, 2014

Too slow

A recovery run. Pushed the pace from the off but could never get the heart rate up to where it should have been. I was moving nicely and the legs felt great, but unfortunately not in the right zone. All up 12.6kms in 47:35 (3:47's). Average heart rate 131. That's a sign I'm starting to get fit. Yes, up until now I've been unfit! Certainly in the last couple of days there are some signs that I'm progressing nicely. Here's hoping anyway...

I watched the conclusion of the Selby / Robertson semi. A match of very high quality and Selby ran out winning 17-15. The standard in the last session was superb. Brilliant safety play, incredible long potting, and when either player got in, they were scoring heavily. I can't remember any easy balls being missed. So a Selby / O'Sullivan final. I'd love a close match but it could be one way traffic...

No comments: