Sunday, May 18, 2014

Another gallop

Another treadmill threshold run. A total of 12kms in 40:17 (3:21/km). Again I felt pretty good which was a bit worrying as I'd had one too many sherberts the night before. Through 5km in 16:29 and 10km in 33:26. All of these sessions in quite hot conditions and with my heavy clogs on...

All up 16.0kms with the other bits.

That's 100.7kms for the week. A decent weekly total and average pace around the 3:45/km mark. I feel I need to pick a target 10km race now and go all out for the sub 32. If anyone has any suggestions for a race that fits the bill then let me know - quick/flat/good field. And yes I'm prepared to travel!

The initial response to the new business has been very encouraging. So thanks to everyone who has supported me. Some appointments already in the calendar and looking forward to putting a few people through their paces!

Not sure what the plan is for next week. I've heard a rumour that the course for the Claregalway 5km on Tuesday has been changed to effectively remove the nasty hill at the start. Is that wishful thinking or has it been confirmed? I might be tempted to have a hit-out if that's the case!

No comments: