Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Thresholding

Treadmill. Felt good for the first 30 minutes, then the heart rate started to really climb. Had to constantly check the speed to keep within the zone and by the time 45 minutes was up I was running at just below 4 minute clicks (which was very welcome I can add). All up 13kms in 45:37 (3:31's). Probably a sign that I haven't fully recovered from the weekend.

Man these sessions are tough. I was absolutely spent at the end and had to wait a good 10 minutes before doing my warm-down. Shorts and top both soaked and a nasty rash with all the sweaty rubbing in the tender regions. Perhaps too much information...

All up 17.0kms with warm-up and down.

Snooker in the evening. It was a frustrating night and all the watching at the Crucible hadn't rubbed off on my own game. The last frame was a good one though - 5 reds, 5 blacks, miss (break of 40); 6 reds, 6 blacks, miss (break of 48). Frame over in 2 visits...

No comments: