Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Creating a monster

I took the kids out at lunchtime to meet the wife. The venue was the athletics track which she works almost next door to. Both kids were fascinated by the track and they immediately lined up for a one lap race. Conor (aged 4) finished the lap without stopping leaving Maeve in his wake (she's 3). I wish I'd taken the camera to capture this moment - even Maeve finished the circuit after walking most of the last 200m.

Anyway I did a short 40 minute run whilst the family had a picnic and I bumped into Eamon around the pitches so the time passed quickly. Upon return to the track Conor then wanted to race me. Not being one to refuse a challenge I accepted and I was just pipped on the line by a winning time of 2:05. So that's his new 400m PB and he's not stopped giving it the big I am ever since.

All up 9.5kms for me including the 400m at the end. Time just shy of 45 minutes.

Snooker in the evening - lenses and all. No improvement - in fact I think I was better playing blind.

No comments: