Sunday, June 23, 2013

2 Hours

I couldn't face running solo today so I was up early to run the Cathedral Run with a few from the club. I parked on the edge of the city and ran to the meeting point (3kms). Then ran the normal Sunday route in conditions that were not good (very windy and wet). Then after the loop I ran back to the car deliberately taking a slightly longer route to get me up over the 2 mark.

Total 2:00:14 covering 25.9kms (4:39's). Pace not quick but legs still weren't right.

Lots of sport watching for the rest of the day. Robertson won the snooker as I tipped earlier in the week. Some more athletics from Gateshead with team Great Britain finishing 3rd. And the final of the cricket between India and England. The less said about that the better...

84.9kms for the week. I'll drop in a decent week of training next week and then pull it back as I have 3 x 5km races planned in the space of 8 days - the Lord Mayors 5km in my home town of Norwich on July 6th, then the Galway 5,000m champs on the track on July 9th, then round 2 of the National League on July 14th. Perhaps I can run a World Championship qualifier of 13:15.......???

No comments: