Tuesday, June 25, 2013

15 x 200 off 30 secs

Long warm-up of 4.5kms around the pitches, then another 4 laps of the track. The session tonight was 200's off a short 30 second recovery. I was aiming for around 32 for each one which is about where I ended up. Here are the times:

33/33/33/32/33/32/33/32/32/32/32/32/32/31/30

A good front group of myself, Owen, Billy and Conor. We were taking turns leading each rep - I felt pretty comfortable throughout up until the last few where I started to work the pace that bit harder and was suffering as a result. The 30 seconds recovery evaporates and feels much shorter. You check the watch after running the 200 and 15 seconds has gone straight away. You then line up ready to start the next one and you're off again. The session was over in a little over 15 minutes! I think I enjoyed it...

A long warm-down of 6.6km around the pitches. Total 15.7kms for the day.

Longer reps planned for Saturday. Until then it's easy running.

4 comments:

keith said...

I was googling 8 reps by 1km when your blog came up.
AWESOME STATS if I may say.

And I see you use to spend lots of time downunder? What got your home(?)

Keith

BeerMatt said...

Thanks for your kind comments Keith. The quick version is that I'm from England, moved to Australia in 1999, met an Irish girl who I married, then moved to Ireland in 2010 (to be closer to family) where I remain!

keith said...

Yup, family do come first. Running scene here hasn't changed much. Still the same striders series, a few trail running events. Of course, not as many does so much track work like you did.

Keep up the blog.

BeerMatt said...

Thanks Keith. I started the trackwork in 2007 and soon started taking chunks off my times. It works!