Thursday, January 26, 2012

It'll be alright on the night

I wasn't looking forward to this session. The weather had deteriorated throughout the day and on the drive to Dangan it was windy, raining and was a cool 4 degrees. To make matters worse the session was 15 x 400 off a short 30 second recovery (blink and you'll miss it).

By some miracle by the time I arrived it had stopped raining. I did my normal 3.9km warm-up and followed that up with some strides and went straight into it. The goal was to run the laps at a few seconds quicker than current 5km pace. Here's how it went:

75,73,74,73,72,72,72,72,72,72,71,71,72,72,69

I wasn't running them flat out and perhaps started a little too cautiously. By the time I got to the 8th rep I was starting to fatigue a bit but I still managed to remain consistent through to the end. A good session and the 15 laps soon ticks off once you get into a rhythm.

The same warm-down and another 15kms for the training log.

Trying to be a bit healthier at the moment whilst I'm in marathon mode. Crisps and biscuits have gone, to be replaced with fruit and yoghurt. Semi-skimmed milk to replace full fat milk. Booze consumption remains constant...

No comments: