Monday, October 31, 2011

That Monday Feeling

After spending 6+ hours in the pub the previous evening, I wasn't feeling my greatest today. I decided to play in the county darts ranking tournament and surprised myself by getting down to the semi-finals. At which point I bottled it but a good experience nonetheless...

I ventured out quite late and ran my local Rockmount loop of 11.3km in 46:13 (4:05's).

Earlier in the day I watched the Dublin Marathon on the TV (it was a public holiday today in Ireland). I decided not to make the journey over as conditions were not forecast to be great. Anyway, a good race and despite quite humid and windy conditions, plus rain later on, the winner from Kenya ran a classy course record of 2:08:33.

Owen lead the Harriers home in a great time of 2:42 for a huge PB. Much deserved as he has been collecting miles over the last months regularly notching up 80+ mile weeks. Well done and I hope to catch up for a beer soon! In general times looked to be down on expectation and that was due to the tough conditions. The marathon is one cruel mistress...

No comments: