Monday, October 10, 2011

On the improve

I couldn't face running in the miserable weather for a third day on the trot so I took the easy option and went to the gym. After 10kms (41:50) on the treadmill I quickly realised this was not the easy option. I was sweating like only an indoor run can make you and was running at a slower pace than I would normally...

I'm still not feeling 100% but I think I'm getting close. Certainly the appetite has returned but the most alarming fact being that I haven't had any alcohol for 5 whole days. NoBeerMatt. But that will likely change tomorrow as I'm making my league debut in the Galway City Darts League...

Talking of darts, did anyone catch the nine-darter on the weekend by Brendan Dolan? It was the first televised nine-darter where you have to hit a double to start and finish the leg. The darts went 40,60,60 (160) - 60,60,60 (180) - 60,51,50 (161). Magic darts. For the record my best leg was an 11 darter (no double in) against my old man many moons ago. My Dad's best leg being a 10 darter (double in). He has always been very lucky...

Also track tomorrow all being well...it could be ugly...

No comments: