Thursday, October 13, 2011

3 x 10 minutes

I ran early (5pm) so still had the benefit of daylight. Conditions were excellent (yes you read that correctly). Very little breeze about, no rain and quite mild for this time of year. I only had an hour so after running a 2.2km warm-up, I ran 3 x 10 minute efforts using part of my now defunct local lap due to the demolition of the bridge.

The 10 minute effort was an out and back affair. I used the first one to mark out my course and turned at a recognisable point on 5:10. I got back to my start point in 10:23 (note I prefer to run a set distance rather than stop on 10 minutes exactly). The next 2 were ran in 10:09 and 10:13 with 2 and a half minute walk recovery in between. I'd estimate the distance to be just over 3km for each effort so I was running just below 3:20/km pace.

I finished up with a 2.2km warm-down. All up 13.7km for the day. Session completed within the hour. I'll do more of these type of session in the build-up to the half increasing either the length of the effort or the number of reps to get the total running time up.

No comments: