Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Quad Laps

Similar to last I did my warm-up on the road and then ran 3 laps of the track (5.1km). Conditions looked pretty good, a bit colder than you'd like but very little breeze. That was short lived as when the session got underway it started raining and the wind picked up...

The plan was to run these quicker than my 10km PB pace. I thought if I could keep them under 5:10 I'd be doing well. Here's how it went:

5:11/5:09/5:06/5:06/5:08/5:10

Not too bad but similar to recent sessions I seem to have lost a good bit of speed. It must be old age kicking in. I should add that I had to work pretty hard throughout this session and at no point did I feel like I was cruising. Glad to see the back of that one and the minute recovery never felt like enough. Basically a tough old session running 24 laps of the track...

I finished up with a 3.9km warm-down. All up 18.6km for the day.

Then out later in the evening for darts. I lost my game of pairs but made amends in the singles. Our team lost 5-4 and after being 3-0 down that wasn't a bad result. Another late night made worse by the youngest becoming nocturnal. I eventually got to sleep around 5am...

No comments: