Friday, July 20, 2012

The Fall

Still struggling on. Just seem to have no mojo at the moment. An easy local run of 11.1kms in 47:46 (4:18's).

Out in the evening to see "The Fall". They've been around for 30 years or so and I'd never seen them and I wasn't going to give up the opportunity to see them at the Roisin Dubh here in Galway. I met with a few mates and there was a good buzz around town for the Arts Festival. The band took to the stage around 10pm and I wasn't sure what to expect when Mark E Smith stumbled on. He looked like a cross between Alex Higgins and Yoda out of Star Wars. I couldn't understand a word he was saying but I was mesmerised from start to end. The band were very tight and despite one moment where MES forgot his words (passed the mike to the crowd where a bloke sang every word perfectly), it was a great night. I've never laughed so much during a gig - the MES facial expressions and mannerisms where legendary. He kept eyeing up the microphone stand like he'd never seen one before. A class night - 9 out of 10.

No comments: