Thursday, July 26, 2012

More Fartlek

I'm racing on the weekend so decided to take it fairly easy today. I decided on some more fartlek and thought I'd be a bit more structured in my approach. I decided on a "Mona Fartlek" type session - named after the famous Australian marathon runner Steve Moneghetti.

I decided on 2 x 90 seconds, 4 x 60 seconds, 6 x 30 seconds. Recovery was the same time as the efforts and if you were doing this session properly you'd run the efforts hard, then float during the recovery. I took it down a notch or two today and ran the efforts around 3:10 to 3:20 per km pace, and did a slow jog recovery.

After around 20 minutes warm-up I went straight into it. Something different but a bit annoying to keep having to look at the watch. After I got through the efforts I decided that 10 minutes of hard running was a but piss poor so after 4 minutes of jogging I decided to do a further half set (1x90 ,2x60, 3x30). So now up to 15 minutes of quickish stuff.

Then ran home to give me 16.0kms all up in 1:06:17 (average 4:09/km).

No comments: