Sunday, July 01, 2012

The Stone Roses

Out mid morning for an hours run. I was staying in the Swinton area and ended up doing an out and back run along the main road towards St Helens. I finished up with 16.8kms in 1:12:58 (4:21/km).

That's a massive 65.9kms for the week...

Out in the evening for the Stone Roses. I wasn't really interested in the warm-up bands but Dirty North seemed to be by far the best. About 9:30pm the Stone Roses took to the stage and opened up with "I Want to be Adored". Simply brilliant. It set the tone for the evening with the crowd singing and dancing along to every song. The highlight for me was an extended version of "Fools Gold" mid-set. They finished with "I Am the Resurrection". Very fitting. The musicians were superb and despite Ian Browns vocals being a bit hit and miss, you didn't really notice it due to the singalong factor. Overall the night way exceeded my expectations and it was a truly great show.

No comments: