Thursday, July 12, 2012

5 x (3 mins / 1 min)

Woke up at 7:05am and out the door by 7:15am (still drinking my coffee on the doorstep). Fintan and Owen as company as we did a warm-up to the location where I run a lot of my local speedwork. Finally a lovely sunny day - it will no doubt be raining by lunchtime...

We decided to do the 3 mins/1 min in the same direction, then turn and run the opposite direction the next set. That meant 3 uphill sets into the breeze and only 2 with the benefit of the wind/course. Poor planning on my part! The recovery was 60 seconds between the 3 and 1 minute, with 90 seconds between sets. Here are the paces for the session courtesy of the Garmin:

3:15/3:01,3:04/2:52,3:09/2:58,3:05/2:52,3:12/2:55

Pleased with those as the legs felt tired, plus it's difficult to get the legs moving when you've only been awake for less than 30 minutes!

With the warm-down that gives me 13.8kms for the day. Round numbers I ran 6.6km during the 20 minutes of effort at an average pace of 3:02/km. No wonder I was knackered at the end...

The plan is to take a rest day tomorrow and try and get a rub.

No comments: