Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dublin

A testing day. Struggling a bit with the excesses of the previous night and then the drive to Dublin for a 4 day break with the wifey and dustbin lids.

We were staying in Clontarf but before that we did a spot of shopping in Dundrum, then out to Sandyford to take the kids to Imaginosity (a kids museum/activity centre). A good day and by the time we got back to the apartment I was knackered. So it was to be a late night run - the schedule called for an easy start to the run, picking up the pace for the second half. Not knowing the area I ran down to the local park, did a lap, then headed out by the water along the prom towards Howth. I tried to lift the pace after the turnaround, but didn't really have anything in the tank. I ended up with 15.1kms in 1:02:45 (4:09's). A few beers in the evening as I'm on my hols and all that...

Tomorrow is another toughie. More evening running - a long run at that with a tempo session thrown in for good measure. Looking forward to that - not...

No comments: