Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuning Up

Back to the track for my weekly session. I was hoping this would be a friendly session acting as a final hit-out before Saturday's track race. I'm of the preference of not knowing what's in store and being told once you get together as a group. Knowing up front tends to bring on too many negative thoughts of dreading it. Anyway, I digress.

After a 4.0km warm-up, stretches and strides it was time to get going. The session was 6 x 800 off 90 seconds at target 5km pace (15 minutes so that works out to 2:24's for the 800's). Perfect weather conditions - cool with very little breeze.

As with a similar session 2 weeks back, I struggled a bit. Well quite a lot if I'm honest. They were supposed to feel comfortable but I was having to work more than necessary to bring them in on target. Actual times were:

2:25/2:24/2:24/2:22/2:23/2:21

I finished up with 3.2km warm-down so all up 12.0kms for the day. Not a real confidence booster but hopefully I'll come good by Saturday (being Mr Consistent). Easy running for the next 2 days and a rest day on Friday.

Owen looking strong at the moment. Expect some big races from him in the coming months.

No comments: