Friday, August 05, 2011

The Streets

You're fit, but my gosh don't you know it...

The Streets of Galway is arguably the biggest race on the Galway calendar. Tomorrow will be the 26th running of the event and with over 2,500 people registered, it promises to be a great race. Last year I finished in 6th position running 25:38 and I'm hoping I can improve on that this time around. Splits last year were as follows:

1km 3:09
2km 3:13
3km 3:13
4km 3:04
5km 3:19
6km 3:14
7km 3:21
8km 3:05

The course is fast and flat and looking at those splits, it seems I lost a bit of speed through kms 5 to 7. The plan is to run the first 5km under 16 minutes, then try and lift the pace for the final run along the prom (hopefully with the wind on the back). Then hit the pub...

Talking of which, I fell off my 3 day wagon last night. I lasted one day. Pathetic. And tonight being Friday means it would be rude not to...

Good luck to everyone racing on the weekend. May it bring PB's then VB's (or whatever else your tipple is)...

No comments: