Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pyramid Session

A long warm-up of 6.4km. Then to the track for stretches and strides. It was decided to move from the track to do the session (argghhh!) - so down to the pitches for a pyramid session.

The session was 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins, 4 mins, 5 mins, 4 mins, 3 mins, 2 mins and 1 min (total 25 mins hard running). Recovery between each effort was always 1 min walk/slow jog. There was a good group at the front and by starting back a little I had people to chase down each rep.

I covered about 8km during the fast bits which wasn't bad considering I'm not a huge fan of running on the grass. I certainly wasn't holding back and gave it my all. I finished up with a 3.2km warm-down so all up 17.6kms for the day.

A few niggles at the moment. Massage booked for tomorrow...

No comments: