Friday, August 12, 2011

I Can Read

No running today. Instead a quiet Friday night drinking beer and eating pizza. I threw a few darts as well for reasons that will be explained tomorrow. Lets just say I'm more nervous about the darts than the 10km race...

I've just about finished reading "Running With the Buffaloes". A great read as it gives you a real insight into the world of university cross country running in America. Focussing on the Colorado University team and how these guys churn out 100 mile weeks - at altitude. It makes me feel like I'm not even training...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah its a good book, literally survival of the fittest. city2surf was yesterday Matt, I ran about 48.11, not sure what place, maybe around 60th (official results come out tomorrow) whats your pb for that course? Also, it should be noted if your saw my interview that I havent been running 200km weeks, ive been injured, I only said it so my legend continues....

Geoff Arnold

BeerMatt said...

Yep, watched the interview. Nice work. I ran 48:28 for the C2S. I'm sure I could go a good bit quicker at the moment. Keep up the training and say hello to the lads.

Anonymous said...

You would be in the 46's maybe 45 with the way your running, thats top 20 form (20th was 46.11) I ended up 52nd in 48 flat.

Anonymous said...

Just seeing If I can leave a comment