Saturday, July 05, 2014

Headford 8km

Out to Headford with the old man and whilst he was doing a pub crawl in town, I was getting ready for the race. A lovely evening with a bit of a breeze and a good crowd for the 10th anniversary of the event.

I took it out hard from the start up through the town and by the time we made the first left turn I was way out front on my own. Then a nice flat section along the main road and I continued to run strongly maintaining 3:10/km pace. Just before 4km there is another left turn and that's where the course gets a bit tougher. I was a bit disappointed with my splits for the next few kms and I backed off a bit but then started to work harder for the last couple of kms. The 7th km has a very nasty hill as you climb up to the water tower but once you get on the main high street it's a nice run home. I crossed the line in 25:55 for the win.

All up 12.5kms for the day. A good hit-out in preparation for the Streets of Galway where I'll be going all out for sub 25:30.

Joined my Dad in the pub and we decided to stay in Headford for the night whilst showing off the new trophy. All in all a very enjoyable evening!


No comments: