Sunday, July 27, 2014

60 minute threshold

Wasn't looking forward to this session. Started at 6pm and it was a lot cooler but the wind had picked up. I guess I have to have something to complain about to fill some space on here...

A 2km warm-up, then into the threshold running. Struggled big time in getting into the right zone. The first 10 minutes were way down, the next 10 minutes were borderline, then the last 40 minutes I was battling the whole time just to keep in the bottom of the zone (and failing at times). It's a sad day when you look forward to some hills so that the intensity goes up to lift the HR. Anyway I survived and clocked up 16.8kms in 1:00:49 (3:37's).

A 2.2km warm-down to give me 21.0kms for the day.

That's 107.1kms for the week. Biggest week of the year and one of the toughest weeks I can recall. All sessions on the road so progress all round. Pace is a little down but I'll put that down to heat/humidity/tiredness and any other excuse I can think of.

Taylor shellacked MVG. Great stuff.

No comments: