Sunday, May 27, 2012

Something different

I met up with Timmie, Gerry and Sean for a run around the Clarinbridge/Craughwell area. We started at the Colga pitches and did a 2 lap course covering road and trail. The time soon passed with constant banter and we clocked up 20.4kms in 1:31:15 (4:28's). I was tired at the end - probably due to the hot conditions.

That's 89.2kms for the week. Again another good week. Three speed sessions and a longish run which should cover all the bases.

I guess I should look to race next week. I'll give the 5km series a miss and maybe race on the long weekend. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sky Road 10km Challenge in Cliften. 1st prize 500 euros….Go for it.....I'm sure there will be a good lineup.....Nice part of world to race unbelievable scenery…

Anonymous said...

cork city half marathon Matt - in as an elite and you would give it a good go I think

BeerMatt said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I had a look at the Cork half and entries are full so that's a no go. The Clifden 10km sounds good though a long drive to get out there. I'll have a think and make a late call...

Anonymous said...

Connemara rough diamond man,June 2nd try an adventure race, something different !!

Anonymous said...

Cong 8km is on Sunday 40 minute drive a.m. start, home for lunch or make a day out of it in a beautiful part of the country.

daltman