Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday

I decided to run 2 by 12 minute efforts. I had recently measured the course and I had an accurate 3.6km marked out. The goal was to run slightly longer than this distance within the 12 minutes.

After a 15 minute warm-up, I went straight into it. The outward section is more uphill and I settled into a good rhythm. Soon the 12 minutes were up and I had passed my target point by 5 seconds so that indicated sub 3:20/km pace. After a 3 minute walk, I did the same route in reverse. Again, reaching the start point and running on for 5 seconds so very consistent. Happy enough. I finished up with a 15 minute warm-down so all up 14.1km for the session.

My Dad has extended his stay until Friday so any training is being nullified by many beers. At least I'm not going backwards...

No comments: