Wednesday, January 26, 2011

8 x 1km

Back to the track tonight for a long session. I started running 2 laps of the playing fields around the University (3.2km per lap). I then changed into my flats and ran a further 3 laps of the track warm-up. So 7.6km done and it was now time to start...

I decided to ease into the session. Run the first one comfortably and then wind up the pace throughout. I was running with Ian who was going to run 800's using me as the pacer. I was to get 200m jog recovery (50 walk/150 jog in actuality) in no more than 90 seconds; he was obviously getting a lot more recovery.

The times were as follows:

3:19, 3:14, 3:12, 3:12, 3:12, 3:10, 3:07, 3:03

I'm pleased enough considering:

- I was running the back straight 3 times each km into a slight headwind
- lots of running wide to lap slower runners
- the legs still a little sluggish after Sunday's race
- still carrying a cold/cough/sore throat

I ended up with 6 laps warm-down. All up 19km when you do the math.

The club are trying to put together a team for the intermediate XC on Feb 6th in Dublin. I've agreed to run. XC just doesn't do it for me - but I'll give it another go just to reiterate the fact.

No comments: