Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pondering

An easy 9.5km in 38:44 (4:05's).

Fully appreciate I'm not doing any quality training at the moment. Racing once per week, plus intervals mid-week, with easy runs either side simply isn't enough to improve. I'm considering something radical. Maybe try 6 weeks of big mileage. My biggest week ever I think is 119km so try say 6 weeks @ 120km/week and see what happens. I can't do this at the moment but maybe at the end of March. Something to think about and won't come easily as I've always been a low mileage runner. But you can't ignore the facts - as I up my mileage year-on-year, my times get better. Quicker times or injury? Ummm....

Race tomorrow. I'll ignore the sore throat, cough and runny nose and run it off/sweat it out. Could be a Barry....

No comments: