Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Long and Hot

Started my run at 7am and the temperature was already 19 degrees....

Ran my old route of the Bridges run followed by the Bay. The Bridges run was completed in 1:45:42 (maybe a PB - need to check), then did a quickish lap of the Bay (27:47), then a very slow 5km shuffle at the end (22:43 - so just over 4:30 per km and still overtaking people!). All up 35km in 2:36:29.

Was pleased to finish this run. It was very hot at the end and upon return to the car I was informed it was 29 degrees....we are only just into spring...

That's 100.8km for the week. The first time over 100kms post London.

Calf felt good and left knee was a little sore. When I say sore it was still very good, just a little reminder that I can't run huge distances being an old fart.

Next week I'll wind back the training and have a mini taper for the Sydney half. I seem to be in very good shape so would like to run 1hr 15 or thereabouts. Time will tell. In the meantime I'll have a few Coopers to keep me honest.

No comments: