Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Intervals

I'm not following a set schedule this time, instead I'm sort of making it up as I go along. I'd usually do a tempo run today but decided I best do some intervals as it has been a while since doing this type of stuff.

Went to LCNP and ran a 6.5km warm-up. Then did 6 x 1km efforts with 90 secs walk recovery. Then a 3.5km warm down for 16km all up. The efforts were between the 3km and 4km markers of the Striders 10km course which is a flattish section.

My times were 3:24, 3:20, 3:11, 3:16, 3:13, 3:17. These were not run flat out, just at a notch or two down from that. I'll save my quicker reps for the track with this type of training being as much about strength building as opposed to raw speed. Plus it was hot today - summer has arrived already!

Right calf still a bit tight. Hopefully I can survive a long run on Sunday then I'll rest up on Monday.

No comments: