Thursday, September 24, 2009

Longish Thursday

Up nice and early for a 7am start. I ran from home to LCNP, then 10km on the Striders course, then back to Pymble (very uphill finish). All up 18.9km in 1:27:37 (4:38/km).

Took it nice and easy and was surprised that my time was slightly quicker than last time I did this run. Felt strong at the end. All good signs.

Nothing planned for Friday. I'll freshen up for a day then run my guts out on the track Saturday morning. I'm starting to think that sub 16 should be very achievable and if I run well, it could be nearer 15:30.

The marathon seems to be coming round very quickly. Only 17 more sleeps. I need to start thinking about my race strategy...

I went and collected my NSW running gear this afternoon. I need to have a few runs in the new shorts and singlet to avoid all sorts of nasty rubs come race day.

No comments: