Monday, September 09, 2013

David Rudisha

9.5kms in 40:29 (4:16's). Superb conditions for running - no breeze and nice and cool. Left knee improving a bit.

The big news is that David Rudisha is coming to Galway for a race here on Saturday. I'm sure he'll jog round and still win his race easily in well under 2 minutes. It's a real shame I won't be here to witness this as I'll be in old Blighty. On the same card there is an elite mile race whereby a couple of Aussies are competing - in an attempt to run the first ever sub 4 minute mile here at Dangan. The likes of Ben St Lawrence (the Saint) will be running - who some of my old sparring partners in Sydney will be very familiar with. Brett Robinson also gets a dart. Both I'm sure will break the 4 minute barrier if the conditions are good.

Here's a link for more info. If you have nothing planned on Saturday and you're a fan of athletics I'd get yourself to Galway as you could be in for a real treat:

http://www.galwaykenyarun.com/

Here's a photo of the great man taken in Galway today after he arrived (courtesy of the GKR facebook page). In my opinion Rudisha had the stand-out performance of the recent London 2012 Olympics winning the 800m in a new world record time:


No comments: