Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dog attack

I ran around 7pm - still very hot. I decided to try and keep going for an hour by running the guts of my normal Thursday morning route. On the corner of Rockmount and the N17 a large puppy dog came hurtling at me straight over the top of a 5 foot fence. Once the dog realised how big I was he started to run away from me - that would have been fine but by now he was running up and down the busy N17 close to the traffic. Thankfully no damage was done as he eventually went into one of the fields where the owner could round him back up into the garden. Phew.

All up 13.7kms in 1:00:34 (4:25's). Hard going.

The cricket was incredible. England took early wickets but could not get the last man out. Agar eventually out for 98 batting at 11 on debut to give the Aussies a handy lead. Then England got off to a poor start with the bat losing a couple of quick wickets. Then down to Cook and Pietersen to steady the ship and see them through to the close. The Aussies are certainly favourites from this position and England need to bat really well tomorrow to get themselves back into the match.

No comments: