Monday, July 22, 2013

Claregalway 10km news

I ran my local 9.5km loop in 39:59 (4:13's). A sprint at the end to get me under 40 mins...

The Claregalway 10km in on August 24th at 6pm and the good news this year is that they are reverting back to the old course (as opposed to the 2 x 5km hilly loops that it has been the last few years). This course happens to be the loop that I ran today (plus a small section of the course between the school and the community centre that you run twice to get the 10km up). It's fairly flat and fast and will offer a good chance of a PB if you're in good shape. Well done to the organisers for changing the route as this course will be a lot more appealing. There, that's my bit of race promotion over with - it has to be done being in my home village.

Thoughts now turn to the 25 lapper on Saturday. I've covered the distance 4 times on the track - 2 times up on the Central Coast of New South Wales in times of 33:56 (Sep 2008) and 32:35 (Sep 2009). Then I ran in the state 10,000m at Homebush (Mar 2010) where I clocked 32:38. The most recent being in the county 10,000m at Dangan here in Ireland where I ran 32:45 (July 2010). It's a race that doesn't begin until you've covered 15 laps and then it's all about hanging in there for the final 10 lap countdown. I'm dreading it.

No comments: