Friday, July 26, 2013

Do the math

No ruining today. I watched the darts in the evening with a couple of beers whilst mulling over tomorrow's race.

Confidence isn't great. My recent times in training and racing have been slow due to the spell of hot weather (at least that's what I'm telling myself). I'll try and run 15:50 for the first 5km (76 second laps), and then try and hang on for the second half. I'll be very disappointed if I don't at least beat my long standing track PB of 32:35 set many moons ago at Mingara whilst racing (and beating!) the King. Here's hoping for a cool day but in looking at the forecast that doesn't look to be on the cards...

Alcohol will be the winner as its straight into the Temple Bar after the race for a long evening of fun and merriment with the old man. Have a great weekend and good luck to anyone else racing in the next few days.

No comments: