Tuesday, May 14, 2013

8 x 1km

Short on time this evening so decided to do the session locally in the wind. Was always going to be tough and decided that if I could keep them under 3:20 I'd be doing well enough. I used my usual stretch of road for the reps running with a strong cross-wind. The official recovery was 2 mins but I decided to do them on a rolling 5 mins to make the time keeping a bit easier (the Garmin FR10 doesn't show elapsed lap time...).

Times were as follows:

3:18/3:13/3:13/3:10/3:14/3:12/3:15/3:12

A poor start and then I stuck to the task quite well. The odd reps were tougher as they were slightly uphill. My road reps will always be slower than the track - maybe around 5 secs for kms. Not sure why - that's just the way I roll.

All up 13.0kms with warm-up and down. Then straight to the airport to pick up the old man...

No comments: