Saturday, May 11, 2013

10km tempo

Another gust-fest. I considered driving to a location so I could run 10km with the wind on the back the whole way but the logistics proved too hard. Instead I used the same route as I did a few weeks back which with wind direction and profile maybe made the 10km route 60/40 in my favour in terms of difficulty.

A 2km warm-up and straight into it. The first 3km I was running well, the next 4km it felt like I was barely moving, then at 7km I glanced at the watch and the pace was 3:34/km. I managed to up the pace for the run home which was a mixture of cross-wind and then wind on the back to finish in 35:22 (3:32/km).

I've no idea what shape I'm in. Whenever I race or run a session recently it seems to be very tough conditions which I keep using as an excuse for the slow times. Perhaps it's just me.

All up 16.1kms with warm-down.

Just finished watching the FA Cup. Really enjoyed that and good to see the underdogs win. Well done Wigan.

No comments: